(a re-post of an email I sent to my cousin in 2012)
Prior to getting my first job interview in Florida: God showed me that I was trying to find employment success by myself, and that it was in vain. It was not producing any fruit because I was doing it all in my own power. His Word says "Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and the door shall be opened unto you" (Mathew 7:7). I began doing exactly what God told me to do; I was seeking Him and His kingdom first, so that all my needs would be met through Him (Mathew 6:33). And in that process, not only was He changing my heart and filling me with His Word, He met my need: He created a door where one didn't exist. My job search was literally a brick wall; there was nothing there but a brick wall with no way around it or through it. I had spent nearly two weeks solid, not spending a single moment searching for a job. All I kept doing was diving into His Word and seeking Him. And God made a way where there seemed to be no way. And He gave me multiple confirmations of it as well. The answer IS here, NOW. Even though I thought my heart was in the right place, God didn't want me to take this blessing and turn it into a "well, if God...". When God gave me the blessing, it was a NOW blessing.
1. I had no job and no hope in sight of getting one, even though I was trying so hard (on my own).
2. I completely stopped looking for work, and I began to seek Him first so that my need would be met through Him.
3. He had a lady whom I'd never met, call me out of nowhere, from a company I'd never contacted or given my information to. As a matter of fact, they got my information from another website that didn't even have a complete, up-to-date profile of my career history. She literally recruited me - now THAT is the favor of God!
4. The lady asked me if I was still in Illinois, but I of course was not; I've been in Florida now, where the job IS!
5. She sent me a description of the job and it fit me so much to a tee, that it literally could've been titled "This is a list of all the things that John Schuepbach can do, and do well".
6. I told her that I was interested in the job and she sent my info to the company who was hiring.
7. She called me back within the hour and said they wanted to interview me the very next day.
8. I showed up for my interview and the secretary asked "Robert?", and I said "No, I'm John". She called for the hiring manager and when he walked up to me, he said "Robert?". Again, I said "No, I'm John". My interview was scheduled for 10am - I arrived at 9:45am.
9. After the interview, I went to the staffing place to meet the lady who I originally spoke with and she asked me how the interview went. I told her how they thought I was Robert at first and she said "Oh... Robert was supposed to be there for a 9am interview... that's odd, that's not like him to not show up or call."
After all that had happened, I told you about it, but when I did, I was speaking from my old "non-believer" point of view. When I spoke to you about the position, I should've been speaking it exactly as it was: a NOW blessing! It isn't a "Well, if it's God's will for me to have THIS one, I'll get it, and if not, I know He has plans to provide an even better blessing". No! If God spoke to me out-loud at that time, He would've said "for crying out loud John! How many more signs do you need in order to know that I am pouring out my favor on you to provide you with a job NOW, not later!?!?"
God doesn't want us to miss it, and He doesn't want us to then pass that shortcoming onto our brothers and sisters in Christ.
I praise God that He always takes us where we're at and works with us. He has so much He wants to do in our lives, and He wants us to walk in the fullness of His perfect will for our lives. Just like we as parents wish the best for our children.
My wife and I have grown by leaps and bounds this last month and are so excited to keep growing in our faith. We have watched people like Kenneth Copeland, and Creflo Dollar, and Joel Osteen, Bill Winston, etc, and thought to ourselves "man, wouldn't it be amazing to have such faith and walk with God like they do!?", but now we're realizing that God wishes for us to walk in the same anointing; the same power. His will IS for us to be victorious in EVERY area of our lives and to be a blessing to the world. We can get there man! All the answers to our success are in His Word, and the more we seek It, the more we hear It (through pastors, through our own voices confessing it, and by way of the Holy Spirit), the more it gets down in our spirits, and starts producing blessings we never thought possible. Praise God, we don't walk by sight using our earthly minds, but we walk by faith, using our spirit/heart.
Praise God, I got a call from my recruiter this morning! She said that the company I'll be working for had interviews all the way up until 9am this morning. She also said that on Tuesday, the hiring manager said that they were very impressed with me and that he wished they could hire me that day, but by law they had to give all the chosen applicants the opportunity to interview. After the final interview this morning, they called my recruiter back and said they'd like to offer me the position at (more_than_I_thought_they_would_offer_me) plus mileage for any commutes I'll be making. I start this Monday!
Praise God! Philippians 4:19 says that I do not lack any good thing, for my God always supplies all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. I'm walking in that blessing!
Post a Comment