God wants us to be "doers" of His Word. One of the main reasons this is so important is because there are many times when we can change and shape our circumstances.
Genesis 1:28 tells us to "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it..."
If we're not doers of the word, being obedient to what God tells us in Genesis 1:28, our environments will subdue and have dominion over us.
Thursday, January 15, 2015
(if I remember correctly, this is a re-post of something I saved from kcm.org back in 2015)
Is it that time of year; the time of year when the flu starts making its rounds? If you are determined to stand strong against the flu, or you are currently feeling the symptoms of the flu, here are 10 scriptures to help you stand strong against it.
- James 4:7: Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- 1 Peter 2:24: He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed.
- Romans 4:20: Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.
- Hebrews 10:35-36: Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away [and enjoy to the full] what is promised. (The Amplified Bible)
- Matthew 9:22: Jesus turned around, and when he saw her he said, “Daughter, be encouraged! Your faith has made you well.” And the woman was healed at that moment.
- 3 John 1:2: Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.
- Psalm 147:3: He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.
- Psalm 103:3: He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
- James 5:14: Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord.
- Matthew 17:20: “You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”
Right now, begin to study and recite these scriptures to yourself and think about their meaning and their truth. Take a stand against the flu and enjoy the blessing of having health and healing this season!