(from Terri Savelle Foy)
Have you ever felt trapped or stuck in life even though you've worked so hard to make a change?
Some people spend years trying to obtain the missing piece that will bring the breakthrough, cause transformation, and propel them to their dreams.
I meet people in conferences around the world who really want to see their life grow, some who are truly desperate for change.
We all have a God-given desire to increase, expand, and enjoy an abundant life. But that desire can turn into frustration when we're out of order with God's process to receive it.
This example will show you what I mean:
There was a young girl who was violated as a teenager, got in an abusive relationship, got pregnant before marriage, miscarried the baby, was diagnosed with skin cancer, betrayed, rejected . . . but one day, she started making positive declarations-she became her own best cheerleader.
She began declaring things like:
I'm loved by God.
I'm highly favored.
She said this over and over until her thinking began to line up with her words.
Today, this girl is a success coach to hundreds of thousands of people, the founder of a growing ministry, her books are sold all over the world, she helps women's safe houses and rescue centers across the USA, and she's writing this letter to you!
Even though God had forgiven me and had a plan for my life, I was stuck. But when I changed what I was saying, everything else began to change.
I want you to experience this same kind of transformational power. Become your own best cheerleader and you can live your dreams!
God has so many great things in store for you, but if you really want to know where your life is headed, listen to the words coming out of your mouth.
If you change what you're saying,
you will change what you're seeing.
How you talk to yourself determines how successful you will be. Period.
The words you speak can help you:
- lose weight
- get good grades
- achieve promotions
- close sales
- have meaningful relationships
- develop good habits
There's a reason God tells us in Proverbs 18:21 that life and death are carried through the power of our tongue. Let me give you an overview of what I call The 5 P's of a Personal Pep Talk.
(1) Positive. Simply put, avoid negative statements and speak what you want, not what you don't want. Don't say: I'm not overweight or I'm losing weight. Begin declaring: I'm at my perfect weight of 125 pounds; I am fit, firm, and muscular.
(2) Personal. Make scriptures/declarations personal to you. The most effective and powerful weapon you have is to speak God's Word out of your mouth. Begin to say, "God is working all things together for my good. I am blessed coming in and going out. I delight in the Lord and He gives me the desires of my heart."
(3) Present tense. We're prone to make declarations in the future tense. "I will make more money. I will get that job. I will have a baby." It places your faith in the future: one day, someday, just not now. Start your declarations with "I am, I enjoy, I have."
(4) Precise. Vague goals produce vague results. It's ineffective to say, "I am losing weight, I am making more money, I have better relationships." Be specific as you declare and release your faith.
(5) Passion. When you speak affirmations and declarations you're believing for, act as if it's already happened. Would you say it in a monotone, passion-less way? No! You'd say it with conviction and excitement! Your faith is the evidence of what you can't see yet in the natural . . . so speak it with passion!
There's so much more I want to share with you about this vital topic. . .
We're doing everything we can to help people make their dreams bigger than their memories and fulfill God's assignment for their lives.
There's certainly no way I could step out of my comfort zone and do all God has called me to do if I hadn't learned to give myself a pep talk.
There's something God wants you to accomplish during your time on the earth. A big step to see that become a reality is to begin using your words to create your world.
Post a Comment